Welcome to Our Town
Blessed with beautiful surroundings in the southern part of the state, Princeton offers a special quality of life for families and an ideal location for business and industry.
The City of Princeton offers progressive development in a fine community where families can live safely and serenely. We are preparing this city to be an asset for future generations, to provide a secure home for developing families, a comfortable haven for the elderly, and a location worthy of settlement by industry and new citizens alike.
The City of Princeton offers municipal services second to none which are performed with precision and efficiency. Princeton also serves at the “Gateway to Four Seasons Country” with honor and pride, realizing our importance as a strategic location for the entire area.
Here are just some of the features Princeton offers:
- Mercer County—Rated among top 100 communities for youth
- Excellent school system offering a broad curriculum
- Our police, fire, and emergency first responder services continue to provide high quality effectiveness while we enjoy some of the fastest response times in West Virginia.
- Response time for Police Department, Fire Department, and Emergency First Responder: 3 to 5 minutes.
- Princeton Community Hospital—State-of-the-art health care facility
- Excellent physicians and health care services
- Princeton Health and Fitness Center—modern, full-service facility for healthy lifestyles
- Quality housing in healthy neighborhoods with easy access to community services and amenities
- Wide selection of churches in multiple denominations
- Recreation Department—City Park, 4 additional community parks, pool, recreation center and numerous recreational programs and activities
- Celebrate Princeton Summer Festival
- Autumn Fest Fall Festival
- #2 Library in the State of West Virginia
- Museums, historical displays
- Performing arts center now open
- New Railroad Museum housing a unique display of memorabilia and artifacts
- Gateway to Four Seasons Country
- Large number of restaurants and shopping centers
- Ambiance and security of hometown shopping
- Healthy Business District
- Five banking facilities
- Multiple access roadways to US 460
- Close proximity to Interstate 77
- Princeton proper—approximately 35,000 people
Bluefield Area Transit provides affordable public transportation around Mercer County. View the bus schedule for the downtown Princeton area to find routes, bus stops, and arrival times. Find how to catch the bus and how to schedule a ride.
Map Provided by Bluefield Area Transit, powered by Google. The City of Princeton cannot guarantee the accuracy of this map. Please refer to the bus schedule for more up-to-date information.